Pancakes are excellent sours of calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates and calcium.
½ cup (4 fluid ounces) buttermilk
½ cup (4 ounces) flour
1 Table spoon sugar
1 medium apple, shredded
1 Tablespoon of butter
1. Combine buttermilk and egg.
2. Add buttermilk and egg mixture to flour. Mix until fairly well blended.
3. Add apples and mix.
4. Add salt and sugar.
5. Heat butter in a sauté pan. When butter is melted, spread it along the bottom. You can tilt the pan or use the spatula.
6. Use a spoon or small ladle to pour out pancakes.
7. When the pancakes starts to bubble on top and is golden brown on the bottom side, turn them and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
8. Serve warm. Pancakes can be served with a sour cream, or apple sauce, or syrup.